Monday, January 9, 2012

did you say a what?

So I'm at the Detroit Auto Show you see -- don't worry, more coming on that tomorrow night -- and I'm seeing car after green car just blowing my socks off. You've got the hybrid Lexus LF-LC, the hybrid and plug in hybrid electric Ford Fusion, you've got the Hybrid Benz, the hybrid BMW and you've got them all right in front of you shiny and new and you're smiling.

Then Volkswagen just kicks them all out of the park. You know I've been in love with the VW Beetle for just about as long as I can remember. I had one of those candle spinning lamps when I was a kid that was a rainbow of VW's lullaby-ing me to sleep. So today when VW unveiled their E-Bugster I just about lost my mind. Did you say a what?

A dream come true? Well almost -- it is just a concept right now -- we've all got to write in to the good old 'German Engineers' and say, "You know what. This is too good to be true, so make it real already, why don't ya?"

No comments:

Post a Comment