Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I never shun a pinch of sparkle...


By now it is no secret that I love nothing better than to peruse a room/field/warehouse full of old things.

During spring break, quite a handful of years ago, one of my favorite friends came to visit me at school. I lived in a lovely little turn of the century town that was sometimes referred to as the "Antique Capitol of Southern California". One of my favorite things to do was to explore the town's many antique stores and markets, it was like heaven.

So of course, when my lovely friend came to see me, I took her shopping in my kind of mall and it turned out to be a serendipitous day. It was the day we found the most perfect cardigan ever - a 1950's beauty, avocado green with a perfectly intact sunburst of beads framing the neckline, my friend took it home with her. Three years ago on New Years, my lovely friend came to visit me in New York City and brought the cardigan with her...

(read on for a pinch of sparkle for you) 


sequined cardigan, beaded cardigan, vintage cardigan, cardigan, vintage

When she departed she decided the cardigan belonged more in my closet than in hers and boy am I grateful. It has become my cocktail party staple. Here it is at a wedding in Colorado this past weekend.

You should have one too. Good thing I've found these beauties, so you don't have to search.


For those who which to play it neutral. 



For the dainty dresser. 



For those who yearn for a pop of color. 



For the sassy dresser. 


Go forth and sparkle.


No comments:

Post a Comment