Friday, January 6, 2012

roasted with love...

Coffee in the morning is just about the best thing ever. So when my good friend showed up to grab drinks with me and handed me a tiny mason jar of his freshly home-roasted coffee I got more than a little excited.  As we parted ways at the end of our evening he shouted as he walked away, "do you have a Chemex?"

Of course I have a Chemex. The only way I'll make coffee at home and by the way you should get one. The elegantly designed and perfect brewing Chemex coffee maker is part of the permanent collections of the Museum of Modern Art in New York, the Smithsonian and the Philadelphia Museum. He then told me to wait at least three days to brew it, 72 hours of wondering ensued. 

So this morning I dug in, ground up the lovely beans and drank in the splendor of coffee roasted with a lot of love. Friends are so wonderful, especially when assisting with your caffeine addiction. 



No comments:

Post a Comment