Sunday, November 13, 2011

At Storm King yesterday we were staring up at these beautiful sculptures and talking about space and proportion. Standing in between the earthen surges of Maya Lin's Wave Field and walking the precise undulation of Andy Goldsworthy's Storm King Wall I came away thinking about the wonders of nature, the wonders of man in nature and the wonderful things we could accomplish as a team. I also came away thinking I was comparatively a very small piece of this crazy place. 


Now this video comes along and pushes that thought process to the extreme. I may be one grain of sand on the beach but if I do the right thing, the positive thing, every day, I'm helping to preserve our place on this massive, unbelievably beautiful and totally incomprehensible thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment